Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Restless Leg Syndrome and other Sleep Disorders topics.
In addition to medication, there are other methods for dealing with RLS. According to the Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation, there are one can use home remedies to relieve the symptoms of RLS:
- If your diet lacks nutrients, supplement it with vitamins rich in iron, vitamin B12 or folate.
- Drugs used to treat high blood pressure, heart conditions, nausea, herbal medicines, colds, allergies and depression can make RLS worse.
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Walking, stretching, taking baths, massage and other relaxation techniques can help
- When you have to stay seated, do something that keeps your mind engaged such as reading, writing or sewing
- Think about eliminating coffee from your routine, which could contribute to your sleep deprivation.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|